With Christmas comes delicious food like Christmas quiche which paired with cranberries and sausages can elevate any morning. A quiche is a popular Christmas breakfast, so much that it is known as the Christmas quiche. A Christmas quiche is an absolute delight to enjoy with Christmas tea; it has the meaty flavor from the sausages and the cranberries’ tartness. It makes a mouthwatering breakfast and is perfect to start your Christmas with.
For many people, a quiche can sound fancy and difficult to make. But in reality, creating a Christmas morning quiche with cranberries and sausages is far easier than it sounds. This article will provide an easy and delicious Christmas quiche recipe, as well as what you can serve with the quiche.
Everything about Christmas has to be fancy and unique, so it should be the food. Instead of starting your Christmas day with just any breakfast, make the most amazing Christmas quiche and enjoy it with tomato soup or a glass of iced tea!
Christmas Breakfast Quiche Recipe With Cranberries And Sausages
A quiche is a classic French treat that has been around since the 14th century. It is both sweet and savory. The base of the quiche is made of pastry crust that has a filling of custard made from cranberries, different vegetables, and meats like seafood, beef, or chicken. You can serve the quiche both hot straight from the oven or chilled based on your preference.
Equipments Required For The Christmas Quiche
- Rolling pin
- Mixing bowl
- Pie plate
- Butter paper
Easy And Quick Christmas Morning Quiche Recipe With Cranberries And SausagesCourse: Christmas BreakfastCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
A Christmas morning quiche is a very particular kind of quiche. It has dried up cranberries and pieces of sausages in the custard giving it a very unique but delicious taste. It has been a tradition to serve quiche with cranberries and sausages on Christmas morning. It is not only a fulfilling breakfast but surprisingly relatively easy to make. You can also serve your holiday quiche with different sides.
Below is a recipe for Christmas morning quiche with cranberries and sausages that you should definitely try this Christmas.
- For The Crust
One box of pizza dough
Two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
Six tablespoons of water
Two tablespoons of olive oil
- For The Custard Filling
4-6 plain breakfast sausages
3/4th cup of dried cranberries
2 cups of shredded cheese ( mozzarella, parmesan, or cheddar)
One tablespoon of grass-fed butter
1 cup of diced onions
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
¾ cup of milk ( preferably almond)
Fresh herbs (optional)
- For The Pie Crust
- Start by rolling the pizza dough with the help of the rolling pin. Make it flat, but not too thin, and even.
- Use the cooking spray on the pan so that the dough does not stick to it. Now spread the pizza dough inside this pie plate and cut off the edges that come out. Press the sides of the dough to the pan with the help of your thumb.
- Put the dough in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Now take the crust out from the freezer and put the butter paper on top of the crust. To set it, use pie weights.
- Put the quiche crust in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Take it out, remove the butter paper and the pie weight, and bake it again for 20 minutes.
- For The Pie Filling
- Start by cooking the sausages. Cut the uncooked sausages in small pieces and put those in boiling water with one tablespoon of butter, diced onion, and mushrooms for about 7-0 minutes. Make sure that the sausages are finely cooked.
- When the sausages are done, drain the excess water and put the dried cranberries in the pot with the sausages.
- Stir it well for 5-10 minutes.
- Now prepare the custard for the filling. For that, start with adding cream, almond milk, and butter in a bowl and mix it well. Use a mixer to create a creamy texture and set it aside.
- Take one cup of shredded cheese and spread in on the crust of the Christmas quiche.
- On top of the shredded cheese, pour the custard, and on top of that, the sausage and cranberry mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
- Put the whole thing to bake for 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- At this point, the quiche should not be hard but jiggly.
- 10. Put a knife inside it to see if it is properly cooked. If the knife comes out clean, then your quiche is cooked well.
- Let it sit aside for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the quiche with fresh herbs.
- Put the quiche in the refrigerator for over 24 hours to serve chilled.
- If you prefer eating it hot, then serve it as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- When you are cooking vegetables and sausages, make sure they are adequately cooked and not raw.
- If you are using frozen dough straight from the freezer, then let it sit for 10- 15 minutes so that it is easy to roll.
|Saturated fat||13 g|
The breakfast quiche recipe given above is very traditional and tastes fantastic that you can enjoy with your family. This recipe is easy to follow and doe not require any fancy ingredients that you would not find. If you are waiting to celebrate Christmas at its fullest, from the morning till night, then this Christmas morning quiche should be what you start your day with.
Things You Can Serve With A Christmas Quiche
A Christmas quiche is delicious, but at the same time, it is light to eat. The taste is creamy, sweet, and savory, and that is why it can be served with many sides. Although this holiday quiche can go with anything because of how delicious it tastes, if you are still looking for options you want to try, below are some excellent sides that will notch up your quiche.
Iced tea is one of the tastiest and preferred drinks that go with the quiche. The coolness of the drink, with its fresh flavor, goes perfectly with the quiche. The best thing about serving iced tea is that it comes in many flavors such as fruity flavors like passion fruit, berries, mango, or herbal bland or the most popular and favorite one, i.e., black tea with a hint of fruit flavor.
The sweet and savory flavor of the quiche goes perfectly with the refreshing taste of fruity iced tea. Iced teas are not caffeinated and have no additional calories, which is why many people prefer it.
Instructions to make:
Take 5 cups of cold water (depending on how many people you are serving) and add seven tea bags of the tea you prefer. Combine them in a pitcher and leave for 30 minutes in the fridge, depending on how strong you like it. Strain it and serve it chilled.
Another beverage that does perfectly with the Christmas quiche is a glass of fruit juice. Depending on your taste in fruits, you can go for any sort of juice like orange, pineapple, mixed fruit, or even tomato. We would recommend you go for a freshly squeezed, chilled juice no matter whichever fruit you are going for.
If you are serving these juices to adults on your Christmas, then you can make cocktails ad mimosas. It will be both a party beverage and will complement the taste of the holiday quiche.
If you want your holiday quiche to be a bit fancy, go for a cold soup as your side. A well-made soup can enhance any dish’s flavor, and so is the case with the quiche. Instead of having a fruit or vegetable salad, you can prepare a cold soup; this will surely be loved by both the kids and the adults. One of the most popular choices for a side with quiche is tomato soup.
Although all soups will taste good with the quiche, the one that will complement it the best is the tomato soup. Learn more about an easy and quick recipe for tomato soup by clicking here.
Baby Spring Mix
A salad can never go wrong as a side, especially with a quiche. Prepare a big bowl of freshly cut salad with red onions, tomatoes, etc. Cut the vegetables thinly, add some dry fruits like walnuts to make it tastier, and serve it with the quiche.
A salad is a healthy choice if your quiche has cheese and fatty meat. This salad will balance out the taste of the quiche with its fresh and healthy taste.
You can also prepare fruit salad instead of vegetables if you like. Fresh strawberries, cherries or berries will go perfectly together with a savory quiche. You can even use any fruit that is available to you.
Freshly Baked Crispy French Bread
A crispy bread is a French treat hence so amazingly with the French quiche. You can make bread from scratch or use readymade bread and garnish it with butter, honey, and garlic. The secret of crusty bread is that it is extra crispy and baked and goes perfectly with the quiche’s creamy and soft texture. Serve a hot piece of your holiday quiche and some mimosa to make a perfect Christmas breakfast.
The Christmas morning quiche is the perfect holiday breakfast that everyone will love. Nothing says festive more than a traditional Christmas quiche and some iced tea or fruit salad to go with it perfectly. It is effortless to make, and there is a lot of place for variation.
This article states a perfectly easy to follow the holiday quiche recipe that you should give a go this Christmas. Along with the quiche, we have also listed some sides that you can serve with the quiche. These will go ideally with your quiche and make your breakfast even better.
Write to us and tell us in the comments about your favorite quiche recipe that you always try on Christmas. Also, tell us about other breakfast recipes you try on Christmas and if you are going to give our recipe a try this Christmas.
What goes with a quiche?
Many sides go with a quiche, such as a bowl of tomato soup, other cold soups, salads, hot cocoa, iced tea, or other sparkling beverages.
How to tell when quiche is done?
Insert a knife inside the quiche; if it comes out clean, that means the quiche is done.
How many calories are there in a quiche?
A quiche has 300- 550 calories, depending on the ingredients you put in. A spinach quiche would have around 380 calories, while a cheese quiche will have around 470-480 calories.
How to make quiche fluffy?
To make quiche fluffy, do not pour the custard on the unbaked crust because the liquid will seep in the crust, and it will no longer be fluffy. Also, avoid too many eggs, filling that is too wet, and not leave the quiche every long in the oven.
What to serve with a quiche for breakfast?
You can serve hot cocoa or fresh juice with quiche for breakfast. You also serve sides like crusty bread or vegetable or fruit salad along with the quiche.
How to serve a quiche?
You can serve a quiche, both hot and chilled, depending on your taste preferences. Along with the quiche, you can serve beverages like fruit juice or cocoa. You can also serve quiche with herb garnishing and a bowl of cold soup on the side.